Whether or not breakfast is our most important meal of the day or not has been in hot debate. But if it’s one of our favorite delicious meals of the day is pretty much a given. Going out to breakfast to have your latte and plate of food prepared and served to you is always a treat, but for most of us, cooking at home is the best option. Luckily, this delicious puff pastry recipe is simple to prepare and will give you the satisfaction you would at any breakfast restaurant. It’s simple to make, savory (or sweet if you prefer) and absolutely delicious! This puff pastry is the perfect recipe if you want to make it ahead and reheat for later to eat breakfast on the go.
The most difficult choice many of us make when it comes to breaking our fast is do we want to do so with something sweet, or something savory? Luckily this recipe can be both ways. Instead of filling it with ham, cheese, etc. you can fill it with Nutella, lemon curd, cinnamon and sugar, or chocolate chips and top it with some fresh berries and powdered sugar. The options are many, making this recipe one that you can hold on to for a lifetime.
- Puff pastry dough (You can also use croissants roll dough for the dough)
- 4-5 Eggs
- 2-4 pieces of Bacon or Ham
- Feta, goat and/or mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Allow your pastry to thaw out if it is frozen, giving it about 30 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celcius
- Scramble your raw eggs with a fork and cook them stove top being careful not to overcook them (they will cook a bit more in the oven)
- Cut a square of puff pastry dough, and set onto a sheet of parchment paper
- Add a spoonful of your egg scramble, and ham or bacon to the center of the square
- Top with feta, goat cheese or mozzarella shredded cheese (or all three like I do)
- Fold the puff pastry dough over the top of your ingredients
- Brush the top of the pastry with olive oil for browning and a crispy outer shell
- Bake in your oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 15 min, and enjoy warm!