So many of you email me about things to do in Las Vegas besides nightclubs and pool parties. So I wanted to make a short list of five things I like to do when Im home. Now remember, I’m super into the outdoors so naturally there a few nature choices on here. In my opinion, once you’ve gone to one nightclub in Vegas and seen “whatever DJ” then you’ve seen them all. So give one of these activities a try and comment below if you have tried any of these and what your experience was.
- Red Rock Canyon: This is great if you want to get out into nature and look at some amazing scenery! It’s one of my favorite spots to hike or if your into cycling its great to take your bike up there. Definitely remember your camera and maybe even a Go Pro if you’re gonna hike. There’s a main road and then theres these side roads you can take and one even goes up to Bonnie Springs which is great if you have children with you.
- Bonnie Springs: This place will be fun for the whole family. It’s in the middle of Red Rock Canyon so you can hit both while your up in Summerlin. It’s an “old west” kinda town with a petting zoo, lives shows, shops, and even paintball. The Paintball is the last Saturday of every month and you get to shoot live zombies so that could be fun to do with kids. There’s also live music on Saturday nights and karaoke on Friday nights.
- Mt.Charleston: This is a little bit of a trek from the Las Vegas Strip but well worth it. Its great in the winter because the lifts are open so you can ski and snowboard or have a hot chocolate or beer at the bar. There is also tubing, sledding, great restaurants and beautiful hikes for all skill levels. DEFINITELY A MUST SEE!
- Shoot Guns at Battlefield: Ok, you knew this was coming. One of the things I love to do in Las Vegas is shoot guns. They have some pretty cool programs and a huge selection of gun packages. If you ever wanted to shoot big guns this is the place to go. They will make sure your being safe and having fun. Also, they have an Early Bird Special and a Happy Hour. The Early Bird Special is a 15% discount on all packages purchased in store. To qualify for this discount you must purchase your package in store by 09:30 AM for the Early Bird Special and the Happy Hour Special Starts (Only Offered Monday-Friday) at 5:30 PM and ends at 6:30 PM
- Roos-N-More: This is a cool zoo that has more exotic animals. Its a bit of a drive but also a MUST SEE. Two veterinarians own the house and share their animals with the public. I would call ahead and make sure they are open but all my friends that have gone have had such a cool experience. The zoo is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that offers visitors an ed-zoo-cational experience. We believe in conservation through education and hope that the up-close and personal encounters with our animal ambassadors will inspire people to help save their wild counterparts. We are dedicated to making sure our animals are as happy and healthy as they can possibly be.