I wanted to share my chicken taco recipe I made today with you guys because one of my biggest passions is cooking, and I don’t post about that enough.
I’m a big fan of the one-pot type meals because it saves you from having to own a lot of kitchenware, and if you don’t have a large stove, then you can make your meal quickly. Let’s not forget about fewer dishes to wash because I probably hate doing dishes as much as I love to cook.
Anyway, to make these tacos is pretty easy:
1. Bake a chicken and shred it into pieces (buy a rotisserie chicken if you want to hurry along)
2. Spray grape seed oil spray in a large skillet and toss in two handfuls of porcini mushrooms and a third of large sweet onion (diced)
3. Sauté them until onions are translucent and mushrooms start to brown and glaze. Then throw in some shredded chicken (as much or as little as you want)
4. Let it cook with the onions and mushrooms for about 5 minutes then take off the stove. If you like truffle salt, add that right at the very end for a little extra flavor but put in your favorite spices as well.
5. Grab your favorite tortillas and fill them with the chicken mixture. Add a little lettuce, your favorite hot sauce, and sprinkle some goat cheese and pico de gallo on top.
It’s such a quick and easy recipe, low in fat and very tasty. You can make a larger portion of the chicken mixture and keep some left overs in the fridge for some quesadillas later on. Hope you like them as much as I do!