I’ve received many emails about my hair routine so I wanted to post about it for you. I’m pretty low maintenance when it comes to hair and makeup. I like everything easy and self explanatory so I hope my video is just that.
The longest part of this routine is the hair drying which usually takes about ten minutes for me because I have pretty thick hair. Once it’s dried though it only takes about five minutes to curl and style my hair. By style I mean tilt my head back and run my fingers through it. If you want more volume I hairspray it while my head is titled back and when you stand up straight you’ll look like a Victoria Secret angel.
Im pretty flexible with my hair products and have a variety of them in my bathroom. But here are my staples:
- Hairspray: may favorite right now is Money Maker Flexible Hold Hairspray by Drybar. It smells amazing and doesn’t make your hair stiff or create the little while dander looking things when you run your hand through it.
- Dry Shampoo: I only like to wash my hair once or twice a week because constant washing will actually strip your hair of its natural oils and in turn, your hair will secret more oil because it will want to compensate and it will result in you having super oily hair. So don’t mess with it too much! I totally get that girls get sweaty during their workouts so I recommend dry shampoo. It works great to plump up and revive your hair to a “day 2” dirty hair look and it will actually make your hair easier to style. My favorite right now is also from the Drybar collection as I’m obsessed with the smell. Its called Detox Dry Shampoo.
- Volumizing Moose: I use a generous amount that fills my palm and rub it into my scalp. I need all the help I can get when it comes to volume because my hair is so heavy and long it will always fall after a couple hours. So this makes the roots a little ore firm and helps with styling, especially if you use a round brush. I often pick one up from the local corner store like a Herbal Essences Body Envy but if you want a really good one I recommend Caviar Clinical Daily Densifying Foam.
- Hair oil: I always advise to use a little hair oil on damp hair because it will protect it from styling and the sun and keep your locks hydrated. I forget to use this when I’m in a hurry but its something I try my best to remember. I try to always have Josie Maran 100 percent Pure Argan Oil in my house at all times. It has so many uses. Put a few drops in your hands. Rub them together and pat onto your face, neck, hair, and anywhere that needs extra hydration. Use it as a fast-absorbing daily moisturizer, or to heal and condition everything from cuticles to split ends. Smooth Argan Oil over skin and under your eyes for intense moisture and to reduce appearance of fine lines. Apply to face when it is damp to create a dewy, radiant look. Rub oil between hands and smooth through hair to minimize flyaways and treat split ends. The list goes on and on but if I run out I sometimes will pick up a Marroccan Oil Hair treatment as well.
- Detangling Spray: I always have one lying around for when I get my hair teased at photoshoots. It helps with combing out those knots. My personal favorite is No-Comb Detangling Spray by DevaCurl but any one will work fine.
Now here is my little video tutorial I made for you. Keep in mind its my first one so I’ll get better as I do more of these. I hope it’s easy to replicate! Keep those request coming 🙂