I love to cook, it is one of my favorite things to do and was actually the how I started blogging; I was in cooking school and began sharing my favorite recipes online. One of the biggest things I took away from cooking school, was how unhealthy many of the recipes were. I knew there had to be a healthier way to cook great tasting food. Finding recipes that taste great and are also better for our bodies, is something I’m still passionate about. I recently tried a new recipe for pancakes that is much healthier, and just as delicious and satisfying. This recipe would be a great option for an easy, healthy breakfast for the family or for a Sunday brunch with the girls. I hope you give it a try, and be sure to let me know what you think!
Ingredients (yields 6 medium pancakes):
2 ripe bananas
4 tables spoons coconut flour
1 tsp of vanilla
Pinch of cinnamon
Your favorite berries
1. Mash bananas with a fork
2. Add eggs and whisk with the fork until blended
3. Add coconut flour and mix until blended (can make without flour but they will be more of a crepe consistency.
4. Add vanilla and cinnamon and mix
5. Heat a non stick pan on medium heat
6. Spray pan with olive oil spray
7. Pour a small ladle full of batter on pan
8. Let each pancake cook 3 min on each side (until the batter stops bubbling)
9. Top with your favorites