With the holidays fast approaching, it looks like we might be another season indoors. When I think about it, I sometimes find it nice not to have to get dolled up and face extended families and friends of friends at holiday parties and dinners. Other times, I miss it. It’s a weird dichotomy to have. I figured if I am having these feelings, I’m sure some of you do as well. That’s why I decided to compile a list of tips on how to dress up for the holidays at home without sacrificing comfort.
The tips and links below are for us girls, but if you are looking for cute clothes for your little one, make sure to check out my blog on my favorite baby clothing finds.
Tips for how to stay comfy & “dress up” for the holidays
- Swap your denim for looser fitting bottoms, like a silk or satin pull on pant. Pair with an oversized cardigan or cable knit sweater for the ultimate cute & classy look.
- Keep your outfit casual and comfortable, while dressing up your hair and makeup! I compiled some super easy hairstyles below for inspiration.
- I think an outfit always looks so put together if it’s monochrome – doesn’t matter if it is baggy sweats or something upscale. The key is to mix up the textures!
- You can’t go wrong with black leggings and an oversized sweater. If you want to make it a little extra, choose a faux leather legging (Spanx has great ones!).
- If you want to stick with sweats, choose a matching set. Add an oversized blazer on top for a slightly more sophisticated look.
- Throw caution to the wind and just opt for your PJs and robe. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Quick and Easy Hairstyles
Having my hair done makes me feel more dressed up and put together even if I’m in my sweats. Below are three easy hairstyles you can master to easily level up any look. If you want more ideas for hair, check out my blog post: The Busy Mom Hair Routine.
- Pull your hair back into a sleek pony or bun.
2. Opt for a fun half up-do or poofy braid
3. Accent your hair with cute hair accessories! I linked some of my favorites below
What do you think?