I’m excited to share more of my first love (cooking) this year and one of the first recipes I wanted to make for my new IGTV Series “The Sunday Recipe” was this recipe for the best gluten-free walnut brownies I could find. They are pretty guilt-less if you ask me.
I originally found the recipe on Emilieeats.com but I since changed the recipe a bit because I wanted more gooey brownies and the original recipe they kind of crumbled apart and lacked the sweetness I desired. Add 1 or 3 scoops of non-dairy vanilla ice cream and you got yourself a very tasty treat.
Follow the Video Recipe for Gluten-Free Walnut Brownies
The original recipe for these gluten-free + walnut brownies is below but like I said I changed it a bit to make them less crumbly and more ooey-gooey. I added close to 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk and 1 full cup of almond butter. I also added chopped walnuts on top and used almond flour instead of oat flour.
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup oat flour*
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- walnuts chopped for the top of the brownie
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 8-inch x 8-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, place the dates. Pour in enough hot water to cover. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Drain dates.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, add dates, almond butter, and applesauce. Process until well combined, stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Slowly add milk; continue to process.
- Add oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Process until completely mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour batter into the pan. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let the bars cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before serving.