If you are looking for a great recipe for your meal prep days this Insta Pot Honey Sesame Chicken recipe is super easy, can be made in under 20 minutes and it’s absolutely delicious.
If you don’t already have an Insta Pot click here and get one immediately because it WILL change your life! It can cook meat that’s still frozen, helped whip up dinner in a pinch (like this Insta Pot Honey Sesame Chicken) and cuts down cook time for long recipes like brisket to a few hours.
For this recipe you will need a few ingredients but I’m sure you have most of the ingredients around your house already.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon toasted white sesame
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
HONEY SESAME SAUCE
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or chili garlic sauce, Rooster brand, or most to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
INSTRUCTIONS for the Insta Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
- Wash and rinse the chicken thighs with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Set aside. Mix all the ingredients in the Sauce together, stir to mix well. Make sure the honey and corn starch are completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Turn on the Saute mode on your Instant Pot. As soon as the pot is fully heated (to make sure the chicken doesn’t stick to the pot), add the cooking oil. Pan sear the chicken thighs until they turn slightly brown (if they stick to the pot too much, you may use a non-stick skillet for pan-searing or skip this step.) Add the the garlic and saute a little bit. Pour in the sauce and top with the white sesame. Cover the pot and select Manual and set to High pressure for 8 minutes.
- When it beeps, turn to Quick Release. When the valve drops, remove the cover carefully, add the chopped scallion and serve immediately. Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode to reduce the sauce, for about 2 minutes or so, until the sauce slightly thickens.
- If the sauce is lighter in color compared to the pictures, you might add some dark soy sauce to make the sauce darker in color. Different soy sauce has different color, some lighter and some darker. If you use a lighter color soy sauce, the sauce will look lighter but the taste should be about the same.
-I actually let the chicken for close to 13 min so it was easily shredded because I used thicker chicken breasts.
-You can make this on a stove or in a slow cooker (use high heat and cook for 3.5 hours if you do)
Hope you love this recipe as much as Bryan and I do!Print