Last night I made our favorite lemon pasta and after getting requests to share the recipe on Instagram I figured it was best to write a blog post instead. So here is the best lemon pasta recipe I’ve found so far.
I found this recipe on Pinterest (where I find most of my recipes these days). I get bored cooking the same thing over and over and I love Pinterest because it inspires me to cook up dishes I would have never thought to make. So here is the recipe (originally from thecozycook.com) that I tweaked to my liking.Print
The Best Lemon Pasta
This was a replacement for my pasta carbonara when I got pregnant. This recipe is super simple to make in one pan and with staples in your kitchen.
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz. angel hair pasta
- 1 fresh lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 tablespoon capers
- Shred the Parmesan cheese and set it aside to allow it to get to room temperature. I like to buy a tub of the shredded Costco Parmesan since we use it quite often in meals and salads.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large skillet (I love my Caraway Home large pan). Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute (let it get golden not browned. Browned garlic is bitter).
- Add the chicken broth and capers.
- Slowly pour in the milk.
- Add the pasta.
- Let the pasta simmer for 4-5 minutes. Stir it every 30 seconds or so to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
- Gradually add Parmesan cheese, stirring as you do so, until smooth and well-combined.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and zest.
- Toss the pasta to combine.
The longer you cook the pasta the thicker the sauce gets.
I recommend angel hair pasta but really any spaghetti noodles work great.
I love to add grilled chicken on top if I’m super hungry but it’s very filling as is.
What do you think?