We seem to be endlessly curious about the magical uses for essential oils, and for good reason: they work. In fact, essential oils are not just a modern-day trend but have been used effectively for thousands of years, first being popularized in the Bible when they were considered a luxury reserved for royalty.
Lavender essential oil is the go-to essential oil for calmness and relaxation. Known for its ability to induce restfulness and tranquility in the body and mind, Lavender is used in baths, massage therapy, and to ease stress. Lavender increases circulation and treats acne without clogging pores or drying out the skin.
Frankincense is a popular essential oil for aromatherapy, skin healing, and is so effective for healing its even being used as a cancer treatment! Another highly useful trick to use Frankincense for is as a sleep aid. Much like Lavender essential oil, Frankincense has calming and relaxing effects.
This simple recipe combines Frankincense and Lavender oils for the best beauty hack for restful sleep. You can apply this DIY cream from head to toe to heal your skin, calm your mind, and prepare your body for sleep. This simple recipe only takes a few drops, and a few minutes to try, and also helps heal acne, dryness, and blemishes on your skin.
What you need:
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 1/5 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
How to make it:
- Combine softened coconut oil, Frankincense and lavender oils together in a small jar or glass container.
- Massage generously to your face and body just before bed, using a soft cloth to pat yourself before hitting the pillow, or using a soft towel over your pillow to protect from the oil.
- This recipe makes enough for one person, but if you have any left over, you may store it for later use.
Ps, another great tip is to add a few drops of the frankincense and lavender essential oils to your night cream that you already use before bed.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin