The one thing that every parent needs is an excess of diapers. Because they are my most used baby product, I’ve experimented with a bunch of different brands. I found some that I loved and some that completely missed the mark. As always, I don’t want to gate keep, so I’ve pulled together a diaper review of all the brands I’ve tested.
There are no one-size-fits-all answers when it comes to diapers. You might prefer one brand when your baby is younger and another when they are more active (like me – I explain below). Every baby is different, so keep that in mind when you read my reviews. I am just here as a resource to help you in your research. Make the best decision for you and your baby because, at the end of the day, that is all that matters.
Diapers that Missed the Mark
HUGGIES SNUG & DRY
- These weren’t my favorite because they were not very soft. They felt more stiff and a bit plastic-like. I do like that they absorb quickly and keep the baby pretty dry throughout the night. I’m just not a fan of the texture.
- I was really surprised to find out that I did not like these at all. They felt cheap to me – on par with the Huggies. For this price point, they weren’t worth it to me.
Diapers Great for Newborns
- When Alina first came home from the hospital we started using these. They are great for babies of all sizes and are by far the cushiest of all the Pampers’ lines.
HUGGIES SPECIAL DELIVERY
- These were the kind that the hospital provided us when Alina was born. I thought these were pretty comparable to the Pamper’s Swaddlers. They are great for sensitive skin as they are dermatologist tested and hypoallergenic.
My Overall Favorite Diapers
- My very very close runner up to my favorite diaper goes to Millie Moon. I often use these and my favorites interchangeably, depending on my stock. I love using these at night because they have great absorption and keep Alina dry. Since they are available at target, it makes stocking up a lot easier. You can also buy them in smaller quantities if you aren’t using as much.
- My favorite diaper award is going to Coterie. For me, the quality, softness and leak protection of their diapers, along with their eco friendliness far exceeds any other diaper I’ve tried. On top of that, the diapers are hyper allergenic and fragrance-free, which is an A++ in my book. They also have a subscription, so you are always getting a refresh and you don’t have to think about it. Let’s be real, mom brain is a real thing.
Special Mention: Diapers for Active Babies
PAMPER’S CRUISERS 360
- Pamper’s Cruisers are by far our most used diapers from 6 months onwards. They are like a pull-up diaper and have a great elastic waistband that tears easily so diaper changes are a breeze. I love that it’s comfy and fits most bellies because I am always worrying that I put other diapers on too tight or loose. I feel confident in these staying in place with no leakage throughout the day, even when she’s on the move. The price point is also great. There is a slight scent to them that some people said they don’t like but frankly it does doesn’t bother me or my baby.
Here are some brands I haven’t tried and would love to! Let me know your opinion in the comments below on if have tried any of the brands I’ve listed.
- Hello Bello (sold at Walmart or as a subscription)
- Dyper (made from bamboo)
- Esembly (cloth reusable diapers – deep learning curve)
- Seventh Generation
- Healthy Baby
Shop My Picks:
Looking for baby-safe skincare? Check out this blog!
What do you think?